Sunday, December 4, 2011

Ever Wonder If YOUR Way Could Be the Wrong Way?



On Friday my three-year old decided she wanted some Ritz crackers... and she wanted to get them HERSELF... so she found the scissors. [Enter Mom who finds nine partial crackers along with their crumbs spread out on the table like a dot-to-dot, along with a partial package of crackers that had been, um... penetrated.] When I open a package of Ritz crackers, I turn it on its end and pull in opposite directions with my fingers until the seam gives way and the crackers are exposed. But when I saw my daughter sitting at the table, absolutely delighted with her accomplishment, I picked up the package and studied her work. Impressive. Done with a flair that was truly her own. What occurred to me next caught me totally off guard: What if HER way was the RIGHT way? What if I have been opening Ritz crackers incorrectly my ENTIRE life.

That was when I grabbed my camera. Perhaps you are in my same boat. If so, I wanted to provide you with an example of a possible CORRECT way of opening Ritz crackers. You may want to give it a try. Sure, the edge might not be the same amount of jagged or the cuts not quite as long, but with practice...

I have confidence you'll figure it out... or if not, you might discover the OTHER right way.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I miss those darling children! Are you coming to the wedding? We haven't heard a word out of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait, I'm not done yet. Actually on the subject of opening packaging. . . Personally, I think your way might be considered the ideal (would be in italics if comments let me use them) way to do it, but the problem with a lot of packaging, like breakfast cereal, for instance, is that it often doesn't give way with that little opposite corner pulling trick you do. Sometimes by the time I finally get into the darn stuff, I'm so hungry I could eat the box, and the contents have been reduced to the original bran from whence they originated, no longer even remotely resembling flakes. I always use scissors for cereal now (it's also quieter if I don't want anyone to hear me getting into something--but then so is going in my room and hiding under the blankets. You do what you gotta do.) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee! Love this. And that is a fabulous picture, too. Love her delighted grin in the background. *Someone* has been practicing with her camera.

    ReplyDelete